Friday, April 2, 2021

WORLD AUTISM AWARENESS DAY & BOOK BIRTHDAY For STORY FRAMES


It's April 2, 2021 - World Autism Awareness Day and the start of World Autism Awareness Month. You can find out more about how to increase understanding and awareness of autism at autismspeaks.org. In future blog posts, I will be talking about how to use narratives to work with students on the autism spectrum and sharing children's books featuring main characters with autism, but for now, I would like to take a minute to celebrate the official book birthday for Story Frames for Teaching Literacy which is now available at Brookes Publishing and also at amazon.com It is already out of stock at Amazon, but they will be getting more books in soon. You may also order this title through any bookstore if you want to support local retailers. 

According to today's Amazon rating, Story Frames is #1 in Elementary Education. Yesterday, based on pre-orders, it was the #1 new release in Special Education. 

HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY STORY FRAMES!!  

Amazon Ratings 4/1/21 and 4/2/21

Thank you to my friend, Jill, for the lovely birthday lunch and the flowers in the photo above. Thanks to all of my friends, family, colleagues, and the amazing team at Brookes Publishing who have supported this project throughout the years. Remember, if you sign up for my online newsletter, you will receive a code for 20% off of Story Frames when the next edition of my newsletter comes out later in April.

Brookes Publishing hosted a live webinar/coffee chat last Wednesday where I had the chance to talk about Story Frames and answer questions about the book. Later this month I will post a link to the recording of that webinar.

Before I go, I want to give a shout-out to the most famous person with autism that I know, the amazing Temple Grandin. There are several books written about her for children including the following:

Temple Grandin: How the Girl Who Loved Cows Embraced Autism and Changed the World by Sy Montgomery.  It is 160 pages long and for grades 5-7. Watch for next week's post where I will share more children's books about Temple. Bye for now - I have more celebrating to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog after review by the blog administrator.